What's new in Cloudhouse release 1707
Applies to: Auto Packager and Cloudhouse Containers
31/03/2019 Cliff Hobbs
Release 1707 is now available from Cloudhouse.
New features and fixes for the Auto Packager, and the Containers created by the Auto Packager. All changes detailed have been released throughout July 2017.
New Features In Containers
184.108.40.2061 (released 31st July 2017):
- Enable applications that use Visual Studio runtimes (2008 and earlier) to opt out of Data Execution Prevention (DEPOptOut) so they can run on servers and desktops that have secure boot, and policies that enforce DEP.
- Registry verification mode can be enabled in AppRegistry.xml, all writes to the registry will be verified missing or incorrect data will be re-written to the registry and a message will be logged. This only needs to be turned on when registry writes fail for an unknown reason (the most likely cause is an undiagnosed interop issue).
New Features In Auto Packager
220.127.116.1143 (released 31st July 2017):
- EULA updated on the 31-07-2017
- Able to browse all the file and folders included in the Container.
- DEPOptOut added to the list of features available in XML files when the Container is created.
- Registry validation configuration written to AppRegistry.xml - default is set to false edit RegistryOperations and set the ValidateWrite="true".
Cloudhouse recommends using the Auto Packager on x86 operating systems only, re-directions will not be created correctly for applications that contain a mix of x64 and x86 components. Containers will be created successfully for applications that contain only x64 components, but successful packaging on this platform requires detailed knowledge of the application before packaging.
Features in Upcoming Releases
See the Features in Upcoming Releases page for details of the features we have planned for feature releases of our products.