What's new in Cloudhouse release 1705
16/01/2019 Cliff Hobbs
Release 1705 is now available from Cloudhouse.
New features and fixes for the Auto Packager, and the Containers created by the Auto Packager. All changes detailed have been released throughout May 2017.
New Features in Containers
- Containers installed with /user switch no longer require Admin rights, and can now be uninstalled with only user privileges.
- Container uninstall can be run from any directory, the local directory does not need to be the same folder the Container was deployed from.
- Add/ Remove Program entries are now configurable in Metadata.json, default values are created when the Container is generated.
- Logging improvements for the Redirection Engine; includes time stamps and setting log levels for None, Error or Debug for the AAV (AppAcceleratorV-PIDx.cll) and child process (AppAcceleratorV-PIDd.cll) logs.
- Logging for the Redirection Engine, when AAV is invoked with /defaultlog will dump the AAV redirection tree in x and d logs, and include all other log messages from all lower levels.
- File mappings are configurable in AppAcceleratorV.clc for the LocalMappedObjectShim feature.
- Redirection Engine (AAV) provides isolation for mutexes, events, and semaphores.
New Features in the Auto Packager
- New graphics, look and feel and 'breadcrumb' progress for the Auto Packager.
- New splash screen for Auto Packager.
- Fast packaging workflow, the Auto Packager no longer compresses Containers that are stored on local file servers (Containers are only compressed if uploaded to Cloudhouse.com).
- Create uninstall shortcuts for the Auto Packager.
Fixes for the Auto Packager
- Added company name to file version information.
- Created digital signatures for the following exes, and dlls; AutoPackager.exe, AutoPackagerCLI.exe, PackagerCompiler.exe, AppAcceleratorV32.dll, AppAcceleratorV64.dll.
- Auto Packager, when exes are removed from the 'File Editor', the list of executables available in the Run list is updated to reflect the changes made.
- Auto Packager no longer installs duplicate files in different directories.
Cloudhouse recommends using the Auto Packager on x86 operating systems only, re-directions will not be created correctly for applications that contain a mix of x64 and x86 components. Containers will be created successfully for applications that contain only x64 components, but successful packaging on this platform requires detailed knowledge of the application prior to packaging.
- Auto Packaging improvements.
- Submit usage and deployment reporting data to Cloudhouse for billing.
- Upgrade Containers with new features.
- Present Cloudhouse EULA.
Features in Upcoming Releases
See the Features in Upcoming Releases page for details of the features we have planned for feature releases of our products.