What's new in Cloudhouse release 1704
16/01/2019 Cliff Hobbs
Release 1704 is now available from Cloudhouse.
New features and fixes released throughout April 2017.
- Container deployment validates XML configuration files during deploy and update tasks, exits with an error code and a list of malformed XML files if problems are detected.
- Container deployment registers with Add/Remove programs.
- Cloudhouse.Container.Deployment.exe /update command can update version of a Container that has been deployed to a server or desktop.
- Cloudhouse.Container.Deployment.exe /update will update Containers deployed in Shared mode.
- New company logos and icons for desktop shortcuts introduced for the Auto Packager.
- Icons for Add/Remove Programs and the Deploy, Run and Usage executables.
- Cloudhouse.Container.Deployment.exe /uninstall requires /deploytype to be specified as an argument; machine deployment is removed by default.
- During uninstall, any files that are in use files are moved to a folder in the temp directory and will be marked for deletion if uninstall is performed as an administrator.
- Uninstall removes configuration files used in Shared deployments; shortcuts.xml and fileassociations.xml files will be deleted from %localappdata%.
- Uninstall action, output from Cloudhouse.Container.Deployment.exe and DeploymentWorkflowLog.txt now states that files that cannot be deleted by Uninstall action have been marked for deletion.
Cloudhouse recommends using the Auto Packager on x86 operating systems only, re-directions will not be created correctly for applications that contain a mix of x64 and x86 components. Containers will be created successfully for applications that contain only x64 components, but successful packaging on this platform requires detailed knowledge of the application prior to packaging.
Features in Upcoming Releases
See the Features in Upcoming Releases page for details of the features we have planned for feature releases of our products.