What's new in Cloudhouse release 1703
Applies to: Auto Packager, Containers
31/01/2019 Cliff Hobbs
Release 1703 is now available from Cloudhouse.
This contains new features and fixes for the Auto Packager, Editor, and the Containers they create. All changes detailed have been released throughout March 2017.
- Append attribute for environment variables in EnvironmentVariables.xml
- Include Windows environment variables in expansion.
- Secure telemetry data over HTTPS, authentication with Time-Based One Time Password Algorithm.
- Container deployment and usage event reporting recorded on a central file share or other location configured as part of the Cloudhouse.Container.Deployment.exe command line (for more information, see Licensing and reporting).
- Container.Deployment.exe deploys without copy - creates shortcuts, and file type associations only, and the Container runs from the shared location, e.g. file share.
- Container.Deployment.exe runs with the highest privilege available to the user.
- Command line arguments for Cloudhouse.Container.Deployment.exe and Cloudhouse.Container.Run.exe are validated.
- Version numbers of Cloudhouse.Container.Deployment.exe and Cloudhouse.Container.Run.exe are now included in log files.
- Cloudhouse.Container.Run.exe appends path variables to the path.
- Secure telemetry data over HTTPS with authentication performed with Time-Based One Time Password Algorithm.
- Telemetry configuration (URL) moved to the chmetadata.json file from the individual deployment, run and usage executable configs.
- Install/uninstall of two or more deployments of the same application Container are now supported.
- Log exception information, key and value, when deleting or changing the registry.
- Containers support servers and desktops with .NET 4.0 Framework Client Profile installed.
- Removed "Powered by Cloudhouse" from the shortcut.
- Global to local process mapping enables applications that are restricted to a single instance because of a process' namespace to run multiple instances on a server. This improves security for applications that require Administrator privileges to run in a user's context. For more information, see How to convert a process from global to a local process (LocalMappedObjectShim).
- New HookKernelObjects switch for AAV, which logs kernel object in AAV logs. For more information, see How to debug app compatibility problems using kernel objects (HookKernelObjects).
- New CitrixRemoteAppRuntimeWithUniqueMutexAndEvent switch for AAV, enables a virtualised Citrix Receiver instance to run with a locally installed Receiver. This prevents control passing from virtualised Receiver to the locally running process. For more information, see How to enable Citrix Receiver Container to work with native Receiver.
- Cloudhouse.Container.Deployment.exe creates default values in AppRegistry.xml and FileAssociations.xml.
- The Auto Packager handles changes to the environment variable paths incorrectly, appending the full path and not the difference in the path.
- Auto Packager catches an unhandled exception when it fails to read installed shortcuts. The shortcut Loader now logs 'Error LnkFileParser' in the log.
- Container uninstall does not remove folders that were created for shortcuts on the desktop or start menu.
- User deployments currently require Administrator privileges to complete the uninstall, SCCM or similar must run the uninstall action as Administrator. In the event of a failed uninstall, see How to manually uninstall, or remove a Cloudhouse Container for more information.
- Cloudhouse recommends using the Auto Packager on x86 operating systems only. Re-directions will not be created correctly for applications that contain a mix of x64 and x86 components. Containers will be created successfully for applications that contain only x64 components, but successful packaging on this platform requires detailed knowledge of the application before packaging.
Features in Upcoming Releases
See the Features in Upcoming Releases page for details of the features we have planned for feature releases of our products.