How to manually uninstall, or remove a Cloudhouse Container
14/08/2017 Stuart Moore
How to manually uninstall, or cleanup a Cloudhouse Container
If uninstall fails part way through an uninstall, or you want to verify that all components have been successfully uninstalled follow the steps below.
It is usual for the Cloudhouse.Container.Deployment.exe to report that it was unable to delete itself, and the DeploymentWorkflowLog.txt as these files are in use. Windows APIs are used to mark the files for deletion.
- Browse to the deployed location of the application Container e.g. C:\ProgramData\ApplicationName
- Delete the contents of the folder.
- Run Regedit as Administrator
- To remove the Container for the current user browse to HKEY_CURRENT_USER → Software → Cloudhouse → AppAccelerator, and locate the key ApplicationName
- To remove the Container from the profiles of all users you will need to remove the ApplicationName key from each of the users under HKEY_USERS → $ID → Software → Cloudhouse → AppAccelerator
- Right click and select delete the key.
- Delete the shortcut icons from the desktop, and start menu.