What's new in Cloudhouse release 1709
16/01/2019 Cliff Hobbs
Release 1709 is now available from Cloudhouse.
New features and fixes for the Auto Packager, and the Containers created by the Auto Packager. All changes detailed have been released throughout September 2017.
New Features In Containers
- AAV supports Redirections using regular expression (Regex) pattern matching for files.
- AAV is fully compatible with Windows App Certification Kit (WACK), all tests required for Windows 10 S pass.
- Containers converted to UWP's Appx format, using the Desktop App Converter, will install and run on Windows 10 S.
- Containers for Universal Windows Platform can be published to and deployed from Windows Store for Business to Windows 10 and 10 S.
- Containers for UWP can be deployed using Windows InTune.
Fixes in Containers
- Cloudhouse.Container.Run.exe failed to create the registry, when the user launched the same application multiple times (simultaneous application launch); Run.exe waits for the other instances to finish.
Fixes in Auto Packager
- Auto Packager background no longer appears as transparent image on Windows XP.
- Auto Packager's files in use window is transparent on Windows XP.
- [9:Packaging] - ErrorAppApp(21536681)The system cannot find the file specified causes the Auto Packager to crash on Windows 7 when it encounters the following short cut links Microsoft Office 2003 Language Settings.lnk, Microsoft Office 2003, Save My Settings Wizard.lnk, Microsoft Office Application Recovery.lnk.
Cloudhouse recommends using the Auto Packager on x86 operating systems only, re-directions will not be created correctly for applications that contain a mix of x64 and x86 components. Containers will be created successfully for applications that contain only x64 components, but successful packaging on this platform requires detailed knowledge of the application prior to packaging.
Features in Upcoming Releases
See the Features in Upcoming Releases page for details of the features we have planned for feature releases of our products.