What's new in Cloudhouse release 1804
16/01/2019 Cliff Hobbs
Release 1804 is now available from Cloudhouse.
New features and fixes for the Auto Packager, and the Containers created by the Auto Packager. All changes detailed have been released April 2018.
New Features In Containers
- Improve registry and semaphore hooking and event hooking.
- Improve logging, by removing duplicate log entries for semaphores.
New Features In Auto Packager
- April 2018 EULA.
- Container Editor - Support for application updates that require reboots - the Editor will persist snapshots after the Editor is closed, and the user will be reminded that they can resume the capture of the existing snapshot when the Editor is restarted.
- Container Editor - Displays the Container's Package ID.
Fixes in Auto Packager
- Correct handling of 8.3 short paths when paths are quoted.
Cloudhouse recommends using the Auto Packager on x86 operating systems only, re-directions will not be created correctly for applications that contain a mix of x64 and x86 components. Containers will be created successfully for applications that contain only x64 components, but successful packaging on this platform requires detailed knowledge of the application prior to packaging.
Features in Upcoming Releases
See the Features in Upcoming Releases page for details of the features we have planned for feature releases of our products.