What's new in Cloudhouse release 1805
25/05/2019 Cliff Hobbs
Release 1805 is now available from Cloudhouse.
New features and fixes for the Auto Packager, Editor and the Cloudhouse Compatibility Containers™ they create. All changes detailed have been released throughout May 2018.
Aligned Version Numbers
Cloudhouse is introducing version alignment across all components, to help improve the level of information published in release notes, and aid those packaging applications if they need to work with support teams. This means the Auto Packager, Editor and the Container (Run, Deploy and Usage) will all be aligned with AppAccelerator, currently versioned v4.5.249.nnnn - the build number, nnnn, will be different for each component.
New Features In Containers
- HTTPS Usage Reporting - by default, Containers will report deploy, start, stop and uninstall events over https (Port 443) to https://containers.cloudhouse.com and https://auth.cloudhouse.com so a file share is no longer required. Reporting via a file share is still available with /usagelocation. Partners and customers will be issued a usage reporting token by Cloudhouse. See Frequently Asked Questions on HTTPS Usage Reporting and Licensing & Reporting for details.
Fixes in Containers
- Fixed comment blocks (<!-- -->) so they work in the FileAssociations.xml and Shortcut.xml.
- Recommended version of AppAccelerator, please review the known issues.
New Features In Auto Packaging
- Add a Reporting Token to the Container using the Auto Packager.
- Container Editor enables the Container's Package ID to be edited.
- Container Editor enables the telemetry feature to be enabled/disabled.
Fixes in Auto Packaging
- Container Editor no longer crashes when there is insufficient space in the Container folder.
- Auto Packager creates the paths in File Type Associations correctly and no longer omits the (x86) in Program Files (x86).
- Auto Packager no longer crashes when it tries to GetExecutablePath for File Type Associations.
- Auto Packager creates shortcuts correctly using run commands with '-', instead of using '/'.
Please contact Support@cloudhouse.com if you require the following features.
- MSJava based apps will crash on startup, this is caused by a bug in AppAcceleratorV opening the Registry under HKEY when redirection is not required.
- The NotWow64Process feature flag does not work reliably on all Windows 10 builds because different versions of Windows 10 use different flags.
- Cloudhouse has identified a potential reliability issue with Network Port and IP redirections and have temporarily disabled the feature until it has been resolved.
- AppAccelerator's feature flag HookKernelObjects is no longer supported, AppAccelerator provides hooks for all the required kernel objects.
Features in Upcoming Releases
See Planned features for future Cloudhouse releases for details of the features we have planned for feature releases of our products.