What's new in Cloudhouse release 1809
25/05/2019 Cliff Hobbs
Release 1809 is now available from Cloudhouse.
New features and fixes for the Auto Packager, Editor and the Cloudhouse Compatibility Containers™ they create. All changes detailed have been released throughout September 2018. Components that change this month will have a version of 4.5.1809.nnnn
New Features In Containers
- Container (4.5.1809.579) - COM Client can communicate to use a COM Server in a different Container, requires the Container with the COM Client to be configured with the COM Server's details. See How to Configure COM Server to communicate with a COM Client in a different Container for details.
Fixes in Containers
- Container (4.5.1808.577) - Cloudhouse.Container.Deploy.exe will no longer specify the deploy type in the Add/Remove Program entries.
- Container (4.5.1809.579) - Cloudhouse.Container.Deploy.exe fails to create the Cloudhouse deployment directory in ProgramData if it does not exist.
- Container (4.5.1809.614) - Cloudhouse.Container.Deploy.exe version 4.5.1806.494 fails to uninstall, exiting with the error code -1, access denied when files cannot be removed - these files should be marked for deletion.
- Container (4.5.1809.614) - Cloudhouse.Container.Deploy.exe version 4.5.1808.570 may fail to process the Deployment.xml script during deployment.
- Container (4.5.1809.614) - Cloudhouse.Container.Deploy.exe throws an exception "Cloudhouse.Container.Core.Exceptions.InvalidConfigurationFileException: The shortcuts file contains invalid XML" as it tries to read a file called shortcuts.xml in the Container when it should only read shortcuts.xml in the parent folder.
New Features In Auto Packager
- Cloudhouse.DiscoveryTool (18.104.22.168) - Available in the Auto Packager (4.5.1809.) \ Tools \ DiscoveyTool folder - Scan an application's install directory to discover the features the application uses and generate a report - report.json; Cloudhouse.DiscoveryTool.exe /d %application_install_path%; .
- Cloudhouse.DiscoveryTool (22.214.171.124) - Available in the Auto Packager (4.5.1809. ) \ Tools \ DiscoveryTool folder - Cloudhouse.DiscoveryTool.exe /lprovides a list of application features it is able to detect for a given application source directory.
- Feature: COM
- Sub Features: Out of proc COM
- Cloudhouse.DiscoveryTool (126.96.36.199) - Reports COM's CLSIDs for out of process COM.
- Auto Packager (4.5.1809.23391) - Auto Packager launches the application using the current environment variables for runtime analysis.
Fixes in Auto Packager
- Auto Packager (4.5.1809.23335) - Missing the program name Auto Packager when the mouse hovers over the application icon on the taskbar.
- Auto Packager (4.5.1809.23335) - Fails to convert short paths in the working directory section of the programs.xml on Windows 10.
- Auto Packager (4.5.1809.23345) - Auto Packager does not specify the deploy type when creating the Add/Remove Program entries.
- Auto Packager (4.5.1809.23369) - Auto Packager crashes when there is a malformed registry entry for the index of the File Type Association's default icon.
- Container Editor (4.5.1809.860) - Editor crashes when the user selects "Open an existing container" followed by selecting the Container.
- Container Editor (4.5.1809.861) - Container Editor does not specify the deploy type when creating the Add/Remove Program entries.
Features in Upcoming Releases
See Planned features for future Cloudhouse releases for details of the features we have planned for feature releases of our products.