What's new in Cloudhouse release 1809
16/01/2019 Cliff Hobbs
Release 1809 is now available from Cloudhouse.
New features and fixes for the Auto Packager, Editor and the Containers they create. All changes detailed have been released throughout September 2018. Components that change this month will have a version of 4.5.1809.nnnn
New Features In Containers
- Container (4.5.1809.579) - COM Client can communicate to use a COM Server in a different Container, requires the Container with the COM Client to be configured with the COM Server's details. See How to Configure COM Server to communicate with a COM Client in a different Container for details.
Fixes in Containers
- Container (4.5.1808.577) - Cloudhouse.Container.Deploy.exe will no longer specify the deploy type in the Add/Remove Program entries.
- Container (4.5.1809.579) - Cloudhouse.Container.Deploy.exe fails to create the Cloudhouse deployment directory in ProgramData if it does not exist.
- Container (4.5.1809.614) - Cloudhouse.Container.Deploy.exe version 4.5.1806.494 fails to uninstall, exiting with the error code -1, access denied when files cannot be removed - these files should be marked for deletion.
- Container (4.5.1809.614) - Cloudhouse.Container.Deploy.exe version 4.5.1808.570 may fail to process the Deployment.xml script during deployment.
- Container (4.5.1809.614) - Cloudhouse.Container.Deploy.exe throws an exception "Cloudhouse.Container.Core.Exceptions.InvalidConfigurationFileException: The shortcuts file contains invalid XML" as it tries to read a file called shortcuts.xml in the Container when it should only read shortcuts.xml in the parent folder.
New Features In Auto Packager
- Cloudhouse.DiscoveryTool (22.214.171.124) - Available in the Auto Packager (4.5.1809.) \ Tools \ DiscoveyTool folder - Scan an application's install directory to discover the features the application uses and generate a report - report.json; Cloudhouse.DiscoveryTool.exe /d %application_install_path%; .
- Cloudhouse.DiscoveryTool (126.96.36.199) - Available in the Auto Packager (4.5.1809. ) \ Tools \ DiscoveryTool folder - Cloudhouse.DiscoveryTool.exe /l provides a list of application features it is able to detect for a given application source directory.
- Feature: COM
- Sub Features: Out of proc COM
- Cloudhouse.DiscoveryTool (188.8.131.52) - Reports COM's CLSIDs for out of process COM.
- Auto Packager (4.5.1809.23391) - Auto Packager launches the application using the current environment variables for runtime analysis.
Fixes in Auto Packager
- Auto Packager (4.5.1809.23335) - Missing the program name Auto Packager when the mouse hovers over the application icon on the taskbar.
- Auto Packager (4.5.1809.23335) - Fails to convert short paths in the working directory section of the programs.xml on Windows 10.
- Auto Packager (4.5.1809.23345) - Auto Packager does not specify the deploy type when creating the Add/Remove Program entries.
- Auto Packager (4.5.1809.23369) - Auto Packager crashes when there is a malformed registry entry for the index of the File Type Association's default icon.
- Container Editor (4.5.1809.860) - Editor crashes when the user selects "Open an existing container" followed by selecting the Container.
- Container Editor (4.5.1809.861) - Container Editor does not specify the deploy type when creating the Add/Remove Program entries.
Cloudhouse recommends using the Auto Packager on x86 operating systems only. Re-directions will not be created correctly for applications that contain a mix of x64 and x86 components. Containers will be created successfully for applications that contain only x64 components, but successful packaging on this platform requires detailed knowledge of the application prior to packaging.
Features in Upcoming Releases
See the Features in Upcoming Releases page for details of the features we have planned for feature releases of our products.