How to convert a process from global to a local process (LocalMappedObjectShim)
These instructions should be used when you need the application to behave in one of the following ways:
- Enable an application that requires Administrator privileges to run under a lower privilege account.
- To enable multiple instances of the desktop application to run on a server operating system when the application's use of global objects is preventing the application from installing.
- Open the file AppAcceleratorV.clc in a text editor.
- Uncomment out the Features tag and the LocalMappedObjectShim within the AAV code block (refer to Code Block).
- All other Features must remain within commented out section of the XML.
<AAV> ... <Features> <Feature>LocalMappedObjectShim</Feature> </Features> </AAV>
- Enabling the feature will convert all Global Objects for files running under AAV to Local Objects.
- File Mapping Exclusions can be applied for named file mapping objects, so that they remain Global Objects, specify the following additional tags
<FileMappingExclusions> <FileMappingExclusion>Global\somestring</FileMappingExclusion> </FileMappingExclusions>