Requirements for Deploying and Running Containers
25/05/2019 Cliff Hobbs
This article details the various requirements for deploying and running a Cloudhouse Compatibility Container™.
Supported Operating Systems
- Windows 7 (32 and 64-bit), Windows 8.1 (32 and 64-bit) & Windows 10 (64-bit)
- Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2012 R2 and Windows Server 2016
Hardware and Software Requirements
- Microsoft .NET: Version 4.0 Client Profile or later.
- Memory: As per the application to be packaged requirements; a minimum of 2 GB.
- Processor: As per the application to be packaged.
- Disk Space: Approximately 1.5x the application's requirements, check the size of Container once created.
Requirements for Usage Reporting for Licensing
- HTTPS Usage Reporting: Port 443 open to both https://containers.cloudhouse.com and https://auth.cloudhouse.com
- UNC File share: A writable file share accessible from all servers and/or desktops, the full path specified by /usagelocation must exist, Cloudhouse.Container.Deployment.exe will not create subdirectories.
Cloudhouse Containers are broadly compatible with anti-virus software, although some versions of vendor software may flag the application as suspicious. During UAT, Cloudhouse recommends testing the Container with the same version of anti-virus software that is used in the production environment and adding Cloudhouse to white list if it is flagged as a virus.