When To Edit A Container's Configuration
General information and guidance on editing a Container's configuration is provided in Editing and Maintaining Containers and Container Feature Switches - Enabling Features in AAV.
A Container's configuration needs to be edited in the following scenarios, documented in the Documentation or Knowledge Base Articles provided
- Adding custom re-directions, for file, registry
- Adding network re-directions
- Configuring support for Side-by-Side (SxS) Assemblies
- Configuring support for COM (Out-Of-Process COM)
- Configuring support for Windows Services, server applications that use services require some additional configuration to be provided.
- Configuring a Container for Internet Explorer apps to run in IE 11 need some additional configuration after the Container has been created for the run times.
- Updating the Application in a Container