18/03/2019 Cliff Hobbs
Introduction to Machine-Based Deployments
Select this option when the Container needs deploying to all users of a machine, for example, server-based applications such as 3-Tier applications, or server-based computing environments such as Citrix Virtual Apps (XenApp) and Microsoft Remote Desktop Services.
The commands can be run manually, as part of a build script executed by the Administrator, or a 3rd-party electronic software deployment (ESD) tool.
This is invoked by specifying the /deploytype machine switch using an account with administrator rights.
When this command is run:
- Any shortcuts specified in the shortcuts.xml will be registered for all users of the machine.
- Shortcuts with a path in the user desktop or start menu are translated to the equivalent of the all users directory.
- Any file type associations specified in the FileAssociation.xml will be created in HKLM root key of the registry.
- If the /deploydir switch is provided, the Container is copied to the specified folder.
To Run the deployment tool:
- Start an Administrative Command Prompt.
- Run the command to deploy the Container.
Use the following command to deploy a Container to all users of a machine:
<path_to_container>\Cloudhouse.Container.Deployment.Exe /<switches> /deploytype machine
where <path_to_container> is the path to the Container and <switches> are the relevant command-line switches you wish to specify.
C:\Containers\ERP-Container-v2\Cloudhouse.Container.Deployment.Exe /acceptEULA /deploydir "C:\Program Files" /deploytype machine
The command can deploy Containers from a UNC file share:
\\share\containers\ERP-Container-v2\Cloudhouse.Container.Deployment.exe /acceptEULA /deploydir "C:\Program Files" /deploytype machine