Machine Based Deployment
Select this option, when the Container needs to be deployed to all the users of a machine, for example server based applications like 3-Tier applications or server based computing environments Citrix XenApp and Microsoft Remote Desktop Services.
The commands can be run manually, or as part of a build script executed by the Administrator, or 3rd party electronic software deployment (ESD) tool.
Invoked with /deploytype machine, requires administrator rights to complete successfully.
- Shortcuts specified in the shortcuts.xml will be registered for all users of the machine.
- Shortcuts with a path in the user desktop or start menu will be translated to the equivalent of the all users directory.
- File type associations specified in the FileAssociation.xml files will be created in HKLM.
- If the /deploydir is provided then the Container is copied to the folder specified.
To Run the deployment tool, use the following steps:
- Run CMD
- From the Console run the command, or script containing the command, to deploy the Container into c:\Program Files
c:\Containers\ERP-Container-v2\Cloudhouse.Containers.Deployment.Exe /acceptEULA /deploydir "c:\Program Files" /deploytype machine
The command can deploy Containers from a UNC file share
\\share\containers\ERP-Container-v2\Cloudhouse.Containers.Deployment.exe /acceptEULA /deploydir "c:\Program Files" /deploytype machine