User Based Deployment
Select this option, when the Container needs to be deployed to only a single user on a desktop, or server, for example physical or virtual desktop, laptop.
The command can be run manually, as part of a build deployment script, or 3rd party electronic software deployment (ESD) tool that is running the in the context of the currently logged on user.
For user based deployment specify /deploytype user, the application will install without administrator rights and register for the current user only.
- Shortcuts specified in the shortcuts.xml for the current user only.
- Shortcuts with a path in the All users desktop or All users start menu will be translated to the equivalent of the user's directory.
- File type associations specified in the FileAssociation.xml files will be created in HKCU.
- If the /deploydir is provided then the Container is copied to the folder specified.
The following commands can be run manually, or as part of a build script executed by the user, or 3rd party electronic software deployment (ESD) tool as a logged on user. The deployment executable takes the following argument /deploydir to specify the desired install location. To Run the deployment tool, use the following steps:
- Run CMD
- From the Console run the command, or create a script
c:\>Containers\ERP-Container-v2\Cloudhouse.Containers.Deployment.Exe /acceptEULA /deploydir "c:\Program Files" /deploytype user
The command can be run from an UNC file share
c:\>\\share\containers\ERP-Container-v2\Cloudhouse.Containers.Deployment.exe /acceptEULA /deploydir "c:\Program Files" /deploytype user