17/12/2018 Cliff Hobbs
Select the user-based option when the Container needs to be deployed to only a single user on a desktop, or server. For example, a physical or virtual desktop/laptop.
The command can be run manually, as part of a build deployment script, or a 3rd party electronic software deployment (ESD) tool that is running in the context of the currently logged on user.
For user based deployments, specify /deploytype user.
The application will install without administrator rights and register for the current user only.
- Shortcuts specified in the shortcuts.xml for the current user only.
- Shortcuts with a path in the All users desktop or All users start menu will be translated to the equivalent of the user's directory.
- File type associations specified in the FileAssociation.xml files will be created in HKCU.
- If the /deploydir switch is provided, the Container is copied to the specified folder.
The following commands can be run manually, or as part of a build script, executed by the user, or a 3rd party ESD tool as a logged on user. The deployment executable takes the /deploydir switch which specifies the desired installation location. To run the deployment tool, use the following steps:
- Run CMD
- From the Console run the command, or create a script:
c:\>Containers\ERP-Container-v2\Cloudhouse.Containers.Deployment.Exe /acceptEULA /deploydir "c:\Program Files" /deploytype user
The command can be run from a UNC file share:
c:\>\\share\containers\ERP-Container-v2\Cloudhouse.Containers.Deployment.exe /acceptEULA /deploydir "c:\Program Files" /deploytype user