SCCM Based Deployment of Containers
08/05/2018 Stuart Moore
This section outlines the steps required to publish a Container using Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager.
1. In the Configuration Manager console, click Software Library.
2. In the Software Library workspace, expand Application Management, and then click Packages.
3. In the Home tab, in the Create group, click Create Package.
4. On the Package page of the Create Package and Program Wizard, specify the following information
Name: Specify a name for the package Description: Optionally specify a description for this package This package contains source files – Ticked Source folder: This should point to the Cloudhouse Container on a UNC share
5. On the Program Type page of the Create Package and Program Wizard, select Standard Program and specify the following information based upon the deployment type (refer to Deploying Containers for details on the command, and all the options available. Please note, in the second example the UNC path provided for /usagelocation must exist.
Program Type Configuration for Machine Deployments
Name: Specify a name for the package Command Line: Cloudhouse.Container.Deployment.Exe /acceptEULA /deploydir C:\ProgramData Program Can Run: Whether or not a user is logged on Run Mode: Run with Administrative rights Drive Mode: Either UNC or drive letter
Program Type Configuration for a User
Name: Specify a name for the package Command Line: Cloudhouse.Container.Deployment.Exe /acceptEULA /deploydir C:\ProgramData /usagelocation c:\users\path\to\roamingprofile Program Can Run: Only when the user is logged on Run Mode: Run with with User's rights
Platform Requirements: Select This program can only run on specified platforms Checkboxes: From the list, only select those Windows operating systems that are supported by Cloudhouse Containers
6. Once the package has been created, this can be deployed to the appropriate collections.