How to deploy Containers with Ivanti Environment Manager
24/10/2018 Stuart Moore
Follow the step-by-step guide if you want to deploy Containers to user desktops using Environment Manager. Please note, because the Containers will be copied across the network during user logon, Administrators need to ensure that network bandwidth is adequate for the number of users and number of application containers that will be deployed in this fashion.
To ensure a quick logon experience for your users and to prevent calls to your help-desk, Cloudhouse do not recommend blocking the user's shell while the applications are being deployed because of the time it takes to copy the files across the network. Containers should only be deployed to desktops asynchronously and only when the network is available, the user can start the application once the shortcut has been created.
- In the Policy Configuration navigation tree, select a trigger.
- Select the Environment tab.
- Select the Conditions tab and
- Either, select the "Computer" tab and select "Network Available"
- Or, select "User" tab and select "Network Connected"
- Configure the required action for example Cloudhouse.Container.Deployment.exe /deploytype user /deploydir c:\programdata /acceptEULA
Specifying Session Variables may help guarantee the appropriate network connection is available, for example Network.DomainType 2 will require the Domain-joined machine connected to a domain network, and testing to see if the desktop is connected over wireless Network.Adapter.IsWireless returns True.
Refer to ivanti's product documentation for more details.