Submitting licensing data
25/05/2019 Cliff Hobbs
Cloudhouse's License Terms & Conditions (T&Cs) require you to upload your license data within 10 days of the end of the month.
Automated License Reporting
By default, Containers will report their license usage data over HTTPS (port 443). The following events will trigger usage data to be sent to https://containers.cloudhouse.com and https://auth.cloudhouse.com
- Container Deployment
- Container Start
- Container Stop
- Container Uninstall
What happens next?
- Cloudhouse will process the data against your contracted license terms and conditions.
- You will be contacted by email@example.com if there are any increases in use beyond your contracted numbers.
Manual License Reporting
For customers who do not have Internet access (https) between the server or desktop running a Container, Cloudhouse provides a means to store data on a central file server and then manually upload the license usage data over HTTPS.
To do this:
- From a computer with access to the network share, browse to the current year folder used for usage reporting, for example \\<usageserver>\<share$>\2019\
- Zip the folders for the month(s) you need to provide usage reporting on.
- Name the file <customer_name>-customer-<year>-<month>.zip (for example acme-customer-2019-July.zip).
- In a browser, navigate to http://usage.cloudhouse.com (which redirects to https://sendto.cloudhouse.com/filedrop/Licensing), where you will be presented with an online form to submit the zip file to Cloudhouse.
- Fill in all the details and then drag the zip file to the Drop Files Here box or click +Add Files and browse to the location of the zip file, select it and click Open.
- Once you have completed the form, click the Send
- You will be presented with a message stating Files Sent, Thank You
What happens next?
- You will receive a confirmation email when your files have been accessed by Cloudhouse's licensing team.
- The team will process the files against your contracted license terms and conditions.
- You will be contacted by firstname.lastname@example.org if there are any increases in use beyond to your contracted numbers.