Release Notes 2017-11
Last Updated 21/11/2017
New features and fixes for the Auto Packager, and the Containers created by the Auto Packager. All changes detailed have been released during the month of November.
New Features In Containers
- Browser Compatibility for IE Containers , configure shims to redirect deprecated Java script APIs.
- ExcludeNativeWindows feature hides native windows from virtualized applications so that containerized applications can only invoke applications in Containers.
Fixes in Containers
- AAV can cause an application crash with ACCESS VIOLATION because VirtualProtectEx does not handle an error when allocating memory. The following error is logged in the AAV logs - ERROR: DllParser:: AppendSection VirtualProtectEx failed with errorcode 487.
- For Network paths, Cloudhouse.Container.Usage.exe fails to create the usage file if it does not have write permissions on parent folders in the path, when it should only require on write permissions on the destination folder.
New Features In Auto Packager
- Tools folder (c:\ProgramData\Cloudhouse\Packager\Tools) includes an Editor (Cloudhouse.Container.Editor.exe) that can be used to Update and Maintain the application in a Container; it can be used to create a new snapshot of the application, and include files added by updates, hot fixes or service packs. The Editor is currently limited to only updating the application files in the Container, registry capabilities will be provided in a future release.
Fixes in Auto Packager
Cloudhouse recommend using the Auto Packager on x86 operating systems only, re-directions will not be created correctly for applications that contain a mix of x64 and x86 components. Containers will be created successfully for applications that contain only x64 components, but successful packaging on this platform requires detailed knowledge of the application prior to packaging.
Features in upcoming release(s)
Please note details of these features is provided for information purposes only, it does not represent a commitment, promise or legal obligation to deliver any material, code or functionality nor should it be relied upon in making purchasing decisions or incorporated into any contract. The order, and priority of these features is at the sole discretion of Cloudhouse.
- Auto Packaging improvements.
- Upgrade an application, with a new service pack or version, and apply the application's registry from the new snapshot taken by the Container Editor.
- Upgrade the Cloudhouse components in a Container.