Release Notes 2017-11
Last Updated 30/11/2017
New features and fixes for the Auto Packager, and the Containers created by the Auto Packager. All changes detailed have been released during the month of November.
New Features In Containers
- Browser Compatibility for IE Containers , configure shims to redirect deprecated Java script APIs.
- ExcludeNativeWindows feature hides native Windows from virtualized applications so that containerized applications can only invoke applications in Containers.
- Containers now support Pre & Post deployment scripts, refer to Updating, Editing and Maintaining Containers for details on how to configure install and uninstall commands during deployment.
Fixes in Containers
- When Deploying a container with --DeployDir flag, the directory create inherits permissions from the parent directory rather than setting R,W,X permissions for Users group.
- AAV no longer causes an application crash with ACCESS VIOLATION because VirtualProtectEx does not handle an error when allocating memory. The following error is logged in the AAV logs - ERROR: DllParser:: AppendSection VirtualProtectEx failed with errorcode 487.
- For Network paths, Cloudhouse.Container.Usage.exe is able to to create the usage file if it does not have write permissions on parent folders in the path; only requires write permissions on the destination folder.
- Relative paths no longer cause the stub executables to fail to start the application.
- Stub executables no longer fail to run on Windows 7.
New Features In Auto Packager
- The Tools folder, C:\ProgramData\Cloudhouse\Packager\Tools, includes an Editor for the Containers, Cloudhouse.Container.Editor.exe - it can be used to Update and Maintain the application in a Container; able to create a new snapshot of the application, and include files added by updates, hot fixes or service packs. The Editor is currently limited to only updating the application files in the Container - registry keys and values are displayed but cannot be added/removed from the Container, these capabilities will be available in a future release.
- Improved the browse dialog for opening Containers.
- Stub executables are created automatically during packaging for use with Desktop Bridge Converted applications. For more details refer to How to generate new stub executables.
- File arguments are created automatically for applications in the Programs.xml, so that file names are passed automatically to the application when it starts up.
Fixes in Auto Packager
- For some applications, Auto Packager created far too many folder redirections which could impact the application's performance; the creation of redirections has been optimized, which in turn improves performance because fewer redirections are loaded.
- Editor, Cloudhouse.Container.Editor.exe no longer crashes on Windows 7.
- Toast notifications are now shown on top of the Window for Cloudhouse.Container.Editor, which is now aware of high DPI settings.
Cloudhouse recommend using the Auto Packager on x86 operating systems only, re-directions will not be created correctly for applications that contain a mix of x64 and x86 components. Containers will be created successfully for applications that contain only x64 components, but successful packaging on this platform requires detailed knowledge of the application prior to packaging.
Features in upcoming release(s)
Please note details of these features is provided for information purposes only, it does not represent a commitment, promise or legal obligation to deliver any material, code or functionality nor should it be relied upon in making purchasing decisions or incorporated into any contract. The order, and priority of these features is at the sole discretion of Cloudhouse.
- Auto Packaging improvements.
- Upgrade an application, with a new service pack or version, and apply the application's registry from the new snapshot taken by the Container Editor.
- Upgrade the Cloudhouse components in a Container.