Release Notes 2017-12
Last Updated 14/12/2017
New features and fixes for the Auto Packager, and the Containers created by the Auto Packager. All changes detailed have been released during the month of November.
New Features In Containers
- EULA must be accepted during Container deployment with the /AcceptEULA switch. Please note, if you have upgraded Cloudhouse components e.g. Cloudhouse.Container.Deployment.exe in an existing Container then please copy EULA.html from the Auto Packager root directory into the Container.
Fixes in Containers
- Container telemtry reports whether DeploymentScript.xml are used to perform install /uninstall tasks.
- Stub executables create log files in user local appdata folder (same directory as the Container's other log files).
New Features In Auto Packager
- Auto Packager inserts the latest EULA into all new Containers.
- Container Editor - Undo / Redo for operations on the File tab.
Fixes in Auto Packager
- Auto Packager crashes packaging applications on Windows XP and 7, caused by files without a date modified stamp.
- Container Editor - Optimize loading of the registry and directories when editing Containers.
- Container Editor - Registry view - no longer crashes when selecting a Reg Value.
Cloudhouse recommend using the Auto Packager on x86 operating systems only, re-directions will not be created correctly for applications that contain a mix of x64 and x86 components. Containers will be created successfully for applications that contain only x64 components, but successful packaging on this platform requires detailed knowledge of the application prior to packaging.
Features in upcoming release(s)
Please note details of these features is provided for information purposes only, it does not represent a commitment, promise or legal obligation to deliver any material, code or functionality nor should it be relied upon in making purchasing decisions or incorporated into any contract. The order, and priority of these features is at the sole discretion of Cloudhouse.
- Auto Packaging improvements.
- Upgrade an application, with a new service pack or version, and apply the application's registry from the new snapshot taken by the Container Editor.
- Upgrade the Cloudhouse components in a Container.