What's new in Cloudhouse release 1802
16/01/2019 Cliff Hobbs
Release 1802 is now available from Cloudhouse.
New features and fixes for the Auto Packager, and the Containers created by the Auto Packager. All changes detailed have been released throughout February 2018.
New Features In Containers
- AAV feature switch to enable out of process COM, <Feature>COMVirtualization</Feature> - supports arguments passed from the application to LocalServer32 command line e.g. /Automation).. Does not support out of process COM for Office applications. COM logging can be enabled with <AAV LogDLL="Full" LogEXE="Full">.
Fixes in Containers
- AAV logging failed if AppAcceleratorV.clc did not exist, or contained malformed XML tags.
- AAV Mutex Isolation feature failed to create unique values for the CreateMutexExW API call.
- AAV feature RegClassesMerging added to the list of available features in AppAcceleratorV.clc.
New Features In Auto Packager
- Container Editor - Telemetry tracks UI events in the Editor.
- Auto Packager - captures the working directory for shortcuts.
Cloudhouse recommends using the Auto Packager on x86 operating systems only, re-directions will not be created correctly for applications that contain a mix of x64 and x86 components. Containers will be created successfully for applications that contain only x64 components, but successful packaging on this platform requires detailed knowledge of the application prior to packaging.
Features in Upcoming Releases
See the Features in Upcoming Releases page for details of the features we have planned for feature releases of our products.