Release Notes 2018-02
Last Updated 27/02/2018
New features and fixes for the Auto Packager, and the Containers created by the Auto Packager. All changes detailed have been released during the month of February.
New Features In Containers
- AAV feature switch to enable out of process COM, <Feature>COMVirtualization</Feature> - supports arguments passed from the application to LocalServer32 command line e.g. /Automation).. Does not support out of process COM for Office applications. COM logging can be enabled with <AAV LogDLL="Full" LogEXE="Full">.
Fixes in Containers
- AAV logging failed if AppAcceleratorV.clc did not exist, or contained malformed xml tags.
- AAV Mutex Isolation feature failed to create unique values for the CreateMutexExW API call.
- AAV feature RegClassesMerging added to the list of available features in AppAcceleratorV.clc.
New Features In Auto Packager
- Container Editor - Telemetry tracks UI events in the Editor.
- Auto Packager - captures the working directory for short cuts.
Fixes in Auto Packager
Cloudhouse recommend using the Auto Packager on x86 operating systems only, re-directions will not be created correctly for applications that contain a mix of x64 and x86 components. Containers will be created successfully for applications that contain only x64 components, but successful packaging on this platform requires detailed knowledge of the application prior to packaging.
Features in upcoming release(s)
Please note details of these features is provided for information purposes only, it does not represent a commitment, promise or legal obligation to deliver any material, code or functionality nor should it be relied upon in making purchasing decisions or incorporated into any contract. The order, and priority of these features is at the sole discretion of Cloudhouse.
- Auto Packager detects and enables out of process COM when required, and support for Office applications that use out of process COM.
- Auto Packager improvements for packaging applications with a mix of x64 and x86 components on x64 machines.
- Application usage reporting to Cloudhouse.com.
- Upgrade the Cloudhouse components in a Container.