Release Notes 2018-04
Last Updated 26/04/2018
New features and fixes for the Auto Packager, and the Containers created by the Auto Packager. All changes detailed have been released during the month of April.
New Features In Containers
- Improve registry and semaphore hooking and event hooking.
- Improve logging, by removing duplicate log entries for semaphores.
Fixes in Containers
New Features In Auto Packager
- April 2018 EULA.
- Container Editor - Support for application updates that require reboots - the Editor will persist snapshots after the Editor is closed, and the user will be reminded that they can resume the capture of the existing snapshot when the Editor is restarted.
- Container Editor - Displays the Container's Package ID.
Fixes in Auto Packager
- Correct handling of 8.3 short paths when paths are quoted.
Cloudhouse recommend using the Auto Packager on x86 operating systems only, re-directions will not be created correctly for applications that contain a mix of x64 and x86 components. Containers will be created successfully for applications that contain only x64 components, but successful packaging on this platform requires detailed knowledge of the application prior to packaging.
Features in upcoming release(s)
Please note details of these features is provided for information purposes only, it does not represent a commitment, promise or legal obligation to deliver any material, code or functionality nor should it be relied upon in making purchasing decisions or incorporated into any contract. The order, and priority of these features is at the sole discretion of Cloudhouse.
- Auto Packager detects and enables out of process COM when required, and support for Office applications that use out of process COM.
- Auto Packager improvements for packaging applications with a mix of x64 and x86 components on x64 machines.
- Application usage reporting to Cloudhouse.com.
- Upgrade the Cloudhouse components in a Container.