Release Notes 2018-05
Last Updated 22/05/2018
New features and fixes for the Auto Packager, Editor and the Containers they create. All changes detailed have been released during the month of May.
Aligned Version Numbers
Cloudhouse are introducing version alignment across all components, to help improve the level of information published in release notes, and aid those packaging applications if they need to work with support teams - this means that the Auto Packager, Editor and the Container (Run, Deploy and Usage) will all be aligned with AppAccelerator, currently versioned v4.5.249.nnnn - the build number, nnnn, will be different for each component.
New Features In Containers
- HTTPS Usage Reporting - by default, Containers will report deploy, start, stop and uninstall events over https (Port 443) to https://containers.cloudhouse.com so a file share is no longer required. Reporting via a file share is still available with /usagelocation. Partners and customers will be issued a usage reporting token by Cloudhouse. Please read the following Frequently Asked Questions on HTTPS Usage Reporting and refer to the product documentation Licensing & Reporting.
Fixes in Containers
- Fixed comment blocks (<!-- -->) so they work in the FileAssociations.xml and Shortcut.xml.
- Recommended version of AppAccelerator, please review the known issues.
New Features In Auto Packaging
- Add a Reporting Token to the Container using the Auto Packager.
- Container Editor enables the Container's Package ID to be edited.
- Container Editor enables the telemetry feature to be enabled / disabled.
Fixes in Auto Packaging
- Container Editor no longer crashes when there is insufficient space in the Container folder.
- Auto Packager creates the paths in File Type Associations correctly, and no longer omits the (x86) in Program Files (x86).
- Auto Packager no longer crashes when it tries to GetExecutablePath for File Type Associations.
- Auto Packager creates shortcuts correctly using run commands with '-', instead of using '/'.
Please contact Support@cloudhouse.com if you require the following features.
- MSJava based apps will crash on start up, this is caused by a bug in AppAcceleratorV opening the Registry under HKEY when redirection is not required.
- The NotWow64Process feature flag does not work reliably on all Windows 10 builds because different versions of Windows 10 use different flags.
- Cloudhouse have identified a potential reliability issue with Network Port and IP redirections and have temporarily disabled the feature until it has been resolved.
- AppAccelerator's feature flag HookKernelObjects is no longer supported, AppAccelerator provides hooks for all the required kernel objects.
Cloudhouse recommend using the Auto Packager on x86 operating systems only, re-directions will not be created correctly for applications that contain a mix of x64 and x86 components. Containers will be created successfully for applications that contain only x64 components, but successful packaging on this platform requires detailed knowledge of the application prior to packaging.
Features in upcoming release(s)
Please note details of these features is provided for information purposes only, it does not represent a commitment, promise or legal obligation to deliver any material, code or functionality nor should it be relied upon when making purchasing decisions, nor should it be incorporated into any contract. The order, and priority of these features is at the sole discretion of Cloudhouse.
- Auto Packager detects and enables out of process COM when required, and support for Office applications that use out of process COM.
- Container Editor enablesAble to browse to, and select a Reporting Token to be added to the Container.Container Editor provides controls to enable
- Auto Packager improvements for packaging applications with a mix of x64 and x86 components on x64 machines, and to deploy Containers created on x86 machines on to x64 machines.
- Upgrade the Cloudhouse components in a Container.