Release Notes 2018-06
Last Updated 25/06/2018
New features and fixes for the Auto Packager, Editor and the Containers they create. All changes detailed have been released during the month of June.
Components that change in the month of June will use the new format major.minor.yymm.nnnn, where yy is the two digit year of release and mm is the two digit month of release. The final number is the build number, which varies for each component; for example components that change in the month of June will be versioned 4.5.1806.nnnn
New Features In Containers
Fixes in Containers
- Cloudhouse.Container (18.104.22.1680) - Containers must only contain a single token, Cloudhouse.Container.Deploy.exe will now fail if the Container has multiple Reporting Tokens.
- Cloudhouse.Container (4.5.1806.494) - Network connection problems sending telematry data to https://telemetry.cloudhouse.com no longer causes a delay in application start time.
- AppAccelerator (4.5.1806.22721) - Restore log message for "tryRedirectIfNecessary", message is written in the format: Category, FunctionName, Status/NtStatus/Handle/GetLastError.
- AppAccelerator (4.5.1806.22721) - Include process name in the log file when running on Windows XP.
New Features In Auto Packager
- ContainerEditor (4.5.1806.778) - Displays the Reporting Token if it is in the Container.
- ContainerEditor (4.5.1806.779) - Container Editor can add and remove a usage token to a Container.
Fixes in Auto Packager
- ContainerEditor (4.5.1806.778) - Captures 32-bit files from C:\Program Files\ captures them in the correct container folder ProgData\Program Files (x86)\ and not in ProgData\Program Files.
- ContainerEditor (4.5.1806.778) - No longer crashes when deleting files, or folders, with long paths from the Container.
- ContainerEditor (4.5.1806.779) - Container loaded telemetry event is now sent to ContainerEditorUsage.
- ContainerEditor (4.5.1806.779) - Editing the Package ID name will enable the 'Save' button.
- AutoPackager (4.5.1806.23117) - ProgData appears in the root of the Container folder, and not within a folder called Container.
- AutoPackager (4.5.1806.23117) - When a token is missing, the warning message is centred.
- AutoPackager (4.5.1806.23136) - Missing token warning message no longer appears multiple times after 'Package Anyway' has been clicked.
- AutoPackager (4.5.1806.23136) - The window listing files that weren't included in the capture is now displayed in the centre of the Auto Packager.
- AutoPackager (4.5.1806.23158) - Fix runtime analysis so that it loads files from new log location.
- Auto Packager - Runtime analysis displays entries from other applications that have been packaged.
Cloudhouse recommend using the Auto Packager on x86 operating systems only, re-directions will not be created correctly for applications that contain a mix of x64 and x86 components. Containers will be created successfully for applications that contain only x64 components, but successful packaging on this platform requires detailed knowledge of the application prior to packaging.
Features in upcoming release(s)
Please note details of these features is provided for information purposes only, it does not represent a commitment, promise or legal obligation to deliver any material, code or functionality nor should it be relied upon when making purchasing decisions, nor should it be incorporated into any contract. The order, and priority of these features is at the sole discretion of Cloudhouse.
- Upgrade the Cloudhouse components in a Container to the latest versions.
- Cloudhouse.Container.Deploy /Update will update /usagelocation from file share reporting to https reporting.
- Without requiring configuration changes, enable Containers to be created in the following situations
- an x86 application packaged on an x86 machine and the Container run on x64 machines and x86 machines
- an x86 application packaged on an x64 machine and the Container run on x64 machines
- an application with a mix of x86 and x64 components packaged on an x64 machine and the Container run on x64 machines