What's new in Cloudhouse release 1810
12/08/2019 Cliff Hobbs ID: 341152
New features and fixes for the Auto Packager, Editor and the Cloudhouse Compatibility Containers™ they create. All changes detailed have been released throughout October 2018. Components that change this month will have 4.5.1810.nnnn.
New Features In Containers
- AppAcceleratorV (4.5.1809.22877) and Cloudhouse.Container.Deploy.exe (4.5.1810.680) Containers using the COMVirtualization feature are deployed with a configuration that matches the target machine. For example, x86 applications will be configured automatically to use AAVLauncher32.exe when they are deployed on an x64 machine.
- Cloudhouse.Container.Deploy.exe (4.5.1810.680) - When an application's COM Client and COM Server are in separate Containers, /uninstall will unregister the COM Server's configuration specified in the Container.
- Cloudhouse.Container.Deployment.exe (4.5.1810.683) - /update will update the COM server configuration specified in the configuration files comregistry.xml and comdeployment.xml – applies to user and machine deployments.
Fixes in Containers
- Cloudhouse.Container.Deployment.exe (4.5.1810.673) - Uninstall failed when files are marked as read-only. These files are now marked for deletion and will be removed during a reboot.
- Cloudhouse.Container.Deployment.exe (4.5.1810.673) - Chmetadata.json is now removed last. Previously it was removed too early during an uninstall, if the uninstall fails and this file has been deleted you cannot attempt to uninstall again; the Container had to be removed manually.
- Cloudhouse.Container.Deployment.exe (4.5.1810.673) - Uninstall failed from Add/Remove Programs if the Container deployment tools aren't present. For example, it has been deployed from a temporary folder that no longer exists.
Cloudhouse.Container.Run.exe (4.5.1810.673) - Run fails when launching an application because the specified RegistryValueKind contains an invalid value, and the following message is recorded in the RunWorkflowLog.txt:
ERROR Cloudhouse.Container.Run.App - Error running package: Cloudhouse.Container.Core.Registry.WriteException: Write failed for registry key Path: 'CurrentUser\Software\Cloudhouse\AppAccelerator\Word_2895\HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\ClickToRun\REGISTRY\MACHINE\Software\Classes\.htm\OpenWithList\Excel.exe' and value Value. value='System.Byte'. type='262144'. ---> System.ArgumentException: The specified RegistryValueKind is an invalid value. Parameter name: valueKind
- Cloudhouse.Container.Deployment.exe (4.5.1810.683) - /update fails for Containers deployed with /shared (Shared Deployment from file shares) because files present before the update were not removed.
- Cloudhouse.Container.Deployment.exe (4.5.1810.683) - should throw a command line exception when a user specifies an invalid combination of /deploydir and /shared command line switches.
- Cloudhouse.Container.Deployment.exe (4.5.1810.683) - writes the info message "Writing/uninstalling file associations..." twice in the DeploymentWorkflowLog.txt
- Cloudhouse.Container.Deployment.exe (4.5.1810.683) - /update uninstalls file associations and shortcuts instead of updating them with the configuration provided in the new file associations and shortcuts XML files.
- Cloudhouse.Container.Deployment.exe (4.5.1810.683) - /update /acceptEULA failed with exit code -17 if the Container includes an updated EULA file.
New Features In Auto Packager
- Auto Packager (4.5.1810.23412) - Fully supports creating x86 applications on x64 OS, and applications with a mix of x86 and x64 components. The Product Advisory that has been in place has now been removed (see below). The Auto Packager detects whether it is running on a 64-bit OS and writes the <Feature>RedirectX64PackagedRegistry</Feature> configuration to AppAcceleratorV.clc so that the Container knows which platform it was created on. Containers created on 32-bit OS do not require this compatibility Feature.
- Auto Packager (4.5.1810.23412) - Some applications like Oracle do not support brackets in the path name - the Auto Packager captures applications and creates Containers without using (x86) in the Container's paths, and includes the required redirections for Containers deployed to x64 OS; uses the environment variable %ProgramFilesX86% in the redirections.
- DiscoveryTool (126.96.36.199) - Reports on the CLSIDs registered in the out of process COM Server's executable.
Fixes in Auto Packager
- Auto Packager (4.5.1810.23412) - Taskbar icon updated to latest container cog icon.
- AutoPackager (4.5.1810.23412) - CLSID, Interface and other registry keys redirected at the wrong level, the exclusions list has been updated with HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Installer and
- AutoPackager (4.5.1810.23420) - Crashes at the system snapshot step, because the registry snapshot contains an invalid high surrogate character (wingding like character), the log file contains the following error message:
"An exception occurred whilst trying to load xml for file name: C:\Users\raxxo\Desktop\New folder\RegistrySnapshot.clc. Please see inner exception for details. ---> System.InvalidOperationException: There was an error generating the XML document. ---> System.ArgumentException: Invalid high surrogate character (0xDD90). A high surrogate character must have a value from range (0xD800 - 0xDBFF)."
Deprecated or Removed Commands
Features in Upcoming Releases
See Planned features for future Cloudhouse releases for details of the features we have planned for feature releases of our products.