What's new in Cloudhouse release 1808
27/09/2021 Cliff Hobbs ID: 331964
Release 1808 is available.
This article summarises the changes and new features in Cloudhouse release 1808 (version 4.5.1808.nnnn).
New Features In Containers
- AppAcceleratorV (4.5.1808.22814) - Enable class ids (CLSIDs) to be excluded from COM virtualization in AppAccelerator.clc; See How to exclude CLSIDs from COM Virtualization for details.
- AppAcceleratorV (4.5.1808.22814) - <Feature>COMVirtualization</Feature> supported on Windows Server 2012 R2 and 2016.
- AppAcceleratorV (4.5.1808.22814) - Creates COM keys even when Wow6432Node\Clsid does not exist.
- AppAcceleratorV (4.5.1808.22814) - <Program> elements in Program.xml extended to include a WaitCondition, specified in seconds e.g. <WaitCondition TimeoutInSeconds="2">Always</WaitCondition>; See How to wait after starting a program before starting the next program for details.
- AppAccelerator (4.5.1808.22824) - Write COM error messages in log instead of error code.
- AppAccelerator (4.5.1808.22824) - VirtualCOM feature generates a container specific virtual id so that multiple Containers can run simultaneously on the same desktop or server.
- AppAccelerator (4.5.1808.22824) - Unable to virtualize Office 2016 x64, WinWord.exe gets stuck in a loop reading registry keys.
Fixes in Containers
- AppAcceleratorV (4.5.1808.22814) - Unable to launch virtualized Office 2016 Word. 64-bit WinWord.exe gets stuck in a loop reading four registry keys.
- AppAcceleratorV (4.5.1808.22814) - Use the bitness of AppAcceleratorV.exe to determine whether or not AAVLauncher32.exe is required; the 4.5.1807 release used the bitness of the machine to decide whether it was required. For example, if AppAcceleratorV is 64-bit, the application is 32-bit, and the COM target is 32-bit, then use AAVLauncher32.exe
- AppAcceleratorV (4.5.1808.22814) - COM objects are not created when running in Admin mode.
- Cloudhouse.Container.Deploy.exe (4.5.1808.562) - Container deploy should fail and report an error when the path provided to /usagelocation does not exist.
- Cloudhouse.Container.Run.exe (4.5.1808.562) - Application fails to launch from the Container with "ERROR Cloudhouse.Container.Run.App fails with Exiting with code: -1" full details of the stack trace are
Error running package: Cloudhouse.Container.Core.Registry.WriteException: Write failed for registry key Path: 'CurrentUser\Software\Cloudhouse\AppAccelerator\Word_2895\HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\ClickToRun\REGISTRY\MACHINE\Software\Classes\.htm\OpenWithList\Excel.exe' and value Value. value='System.Byte'. type='262144'. ---> System.ArgumentException: The specified RegistryValueKind is an invalid value.
- BrowserCompatiblity (4.5.1808.138 ) - Component uses the 4.5.YYMM.nnn format.
Fixes in Auto Packager
- Auto Packager (4.5.1808.23277) - After the Auto Packager has been updated to use a new version of AppAcceleratorV, runtime analysis fails to load because it is trying to use an old version of AppAcceleratorV.
- Auto Packager (4.5.1808.23277) - Auto Packager crashed when packaging an app with the Container folder open in Explorer.
- Auto Packager (4.5.1808.23277) - Auto Packager crashed when packaging an app with an & or special characters ",',<,> in the filename.
- Auto Packager (4.5.1808.23277) - Auto Packager crashed when encountering a reg value Qword type that has a byte array as its object, it will now log "Could not parse registry value “RegValue” under path\to\value”, and carry on processing the rest of the registry.
- Auto Packager (4.5.1808.23277) - Updated the commented out feature list inside AppAcceleratorV.clc to include <Feature>COMVirtualization</Feature>.
- Auto Packager (4.5.1808.23277) - Asks the user to provide the friendlier and more meaningful "AppID" instead of term "GUID".
- Auto Packager (4.5.1808.23296) - Auto Packager crashes if a second shortcut is selected in "Run Installed Applications" while the first program is still open.
- Auto Packager (4.5.1808.23296) - The working directory is not written to the shortcut included in the snapshot, so the application fails to run.
- Container.Editor (4.5.1808.840) - When the package id is changed, the Redirections.xml file should be updated.
- Container.Editor (4.5.1808.852) - Redirections.xml should not be a required file. The Container Editor will now start up without it.