How to Deploy a Cloudhouse Compatibility Container
Applies to: Cloudhouse Application Compatibility Packages/Containers
Deploying a Cloudhouse Compatibility Container
Cloudhouse.Container.Deployment.exe (also known as the Cloudhouse Deployment Tool) is used to deploy a Cloudhouse Compatibility Container from the file share/local folder containing the executable, to the specified server or desktop.
Use the following command to deploy a Cloudhouse Compatibility Container:
<path_to_container>\Cloudhouse.Container.Deployment.exe /acceptEULA /deploydir "<target_path>\" /deploytype [machine | user] /usagelocation \\<path_to_reporting_token>
- <path_to_container> is the path to the folder containing the Cloudhouse.Container.Deployment.exe executable. If no path is specified, it is assumed the Deployment Tool is in the current folder.
- /acceptEULA indicates your acceptance of the Cloudhouse EULA (only required the first time you deploy a Compatibility Container).
- /deploydir "<target_path>\" is the path to the folder the Compatibility Container is to be deployed to. If this is not specified, the Container will be deployed to its current location, which can be on a file share.
- /deploytype is the type of deployment which will either be machine or user.
- /usagelocation \\<path_to_reporting_token> specifies the location of the Reporting Token, which can be a file share.
Cloudhouse Compatibility Containers default to https usage reporting and will report an error if there is an invalid or missing Reporting Token. The Reporting Token is encrypted by the machine when the Compatibility Container is deployed. Compatibility Containers may report usage to file shares if the /usagelocation option is specified at deployment time.
Full details are available in Licensing and Reporting.
The Compatibility Container inherits any permission from the parent folder for the folder that is created. For example C:\ProgramFiles\<Container_ID>.
Refer to the appropriate section for details on the different types of deployments and example usage.